ESCWA is supporting the International Commission for Irrigation and Drainage (ICID) to host the Third African Young Water Professional Forum (Af-YWPF) from 19-21 October 2020 (online) during Cairo Water Week.
The Forum is being organized with the ICID African Regional Working Group in collaboration with the Arab Centre for the Study of Arid and Drylands (ACSAD), the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and the Global Water Partnership-Mediterranean (GWP-Med).
Cairo Water Week is organized annually by the Ministry of Water and Irrigation of Egypt and will be held in a hybrid format this year from 18 till 22 October.
The Forum will build the capacity of over 60 young water professionals engaged in the water and agricultural sectors to conduct technical assessments using climate data, and to better understand mechanisms for mobilizing finance in the water sector and incorporating gender issues in agricultural water management through an interactive online forum.
ESCWA and ACSAD are leading four training session focused on the following:
- Introduction to the Regional Initiative for the Assessment of Climate Change Impacts on Water Resources and Socio-Economic Vulnerability in the Arab Region(RICCAR)
- Overview of water, agriculture, and climate data
- Using remote sensing datasets (WaPOR) and crop coefficients to estimate actual crop evapotranspiration, historical to near-present
- Irrigation scheduling using AquaCrop software
- Deficit irrigation scheduling using AquaCrop
- Supplementary irrigation scheduling using AquaCrop
- Shared case studies
For more information, please contact the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org