This joint call includes a focus on freshwater aquatic systems but all environments including terrestrial, freshwater and marine. are eligible.
Project proposals must be submitted electronically and in English language.
The call is set to launch on October 5th 202, with pre-proposal closing on December 7th 2020, and the deadline for full proposal submission is to be confirmed on December 2020.
This call will cover the following three non-exclusive themes:
- Studying the biological and biophysical processes at stake for conservation/restoration, and their interactions
- Assessing trade-offs and synergies between targets, benefits and policies for conservation and restoration
- Knowledge for improving the effectiveness and upscaling of conservation and restoration actions
Eligibility criteria for Applicants:
To be eligible, research consortia will have to include participating organizations from a minimum three different countries participating in the call, including at least 2 from EU Member States or EU Associated Countries.
The research proposals will be evaluated across the following criteria:
- Step 1 (in the event of that a large number of pre-proposals is received and an evaluation of pre-proposals is performed): (i) fit to the scope of the call, (ii) scientific excellence (with a focus on novelty of the research proposed), and (iii) societal and policy impact;
- Step 2: (i) excellence; (ii) quality and efficiency of the implementation and (iii) impact (including societal / policy relevance and approaches to stakeholder engagement).
Water JPI Secretariat
For further information on the program, please check the following link: http://www.waterjpi.eu/joint-calls/joint-call-2020-biodivrestore