The UNEP is launching the 2021 global progress report on Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) implementation
A seminar is organized on Monday 20September 2021 to discuss the key findings and next steps. It will be repeated in two sessions:
- Monday 20 September 09:00-10:00 CEST, translation into Arabic, French and Russian
- Monday 20 September 17:00-18:00 CEST, translation into French and Spanish
Three key messages from the report:
- The global rate of IWRM implementation urgently needs to double to achieve target 6.5 by 2030.
- 107 countries are not on track to meet target 6.5, but many have shown that real and rapid progress is possible.
- Strengthening political will for IWRM implementation – at all levels and across sectors – is critically needed to prioritize IWRM as an enabler for so many other SDGs.
Watch the video on key messages.
Check out the IWRM Data Portal for the latest results and reports, including:
- Global 651 progress report Executive Summary in 7 languages: AR | EN | ES | FR | PT | RU | ZH
- Country submissions and visual country summaries (in 7 languages) in the country database.
- Regional reports: Central America (ES) & Summary (EN), Asia-Pacific. A progress report on IWRM implementation at the Arab region level is currently under finalization in collaboration with ESCWA.
- Gender action: Advancing towards gender mainstreaming in water resources management: full report and summary.
Now all efforts are focused on improving all aspects of water resources management to reach the water-related SDGs. Find out how the SDG 6 IWRM Support Programme can support you in action planning and implementation.