The UN 2023 Water Conference, which is officially known as the UN Conference on the Midterm Comprehensive Review of the Implementation of the Objectives of the International Decade for Action, 'Water for Sustainable Development' 2018-2028, will be held from the 22nd till the 24th of March in New York.
The Republic of Tajikistan and the Kingdom of the Netherlands are co-hosting this event. The themes of the conference were determined after a thorough consultation process that involved all the relevant stakeholders, member states and the aforementioned co-hosts.
It was determined that five dialogues will be held during the conference that will entail the following themes:
- Water for Health: Access to safe drinking water, hygiene and sanitation.
- Water for Development: Valuing Water, Water-Energy-Food Nexus and Sustainable Economic and Urban Development.
- Water for Climate, Resilience and Environment: Source to Sea, Biodiversity, Climate, Resilience and Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Water for Cooperation: Transboundary and International Water Cooperation, Cross Sectoral Cooperation and Water Across the 2030 Agenda.
- Water Action Decade: Accelerating the implementation of the objectives of the Decade, including through the UN Secretary-General’s Action Plan.